WHAT IS THE PATIENT FAMILY ADVISORY COUNCIL?
The Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a diverse group of Salinas
Valley Memorial Healthcare System (SVMHS) patients and family members.
We represent the collective voice of our community, working side by side
with our community and SVMHS leadership to help improve patient and family
experiences and lay the groundwork for exceptional individualized care.
Council members serve as a volunteer advisory resource, and collaborate
with SVMHS on various projects and efforts.
WHO CAN APPLY TO JOIN THE PFAC?
Patients and family members from the hospital district who have recently
had an experience with the Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System are
invited to apply.
WHAT IF I NEED SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS TO PARTICIPATE?
SVMHS will work with you and other council members to accommodate any needs
you may have, ensuring you can fully participate in meetings and other duties.
WHAT MAKES ME A GOOD CANDIDATE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF PFAC?
Members of PFAC are passionate about improving care for patients and families
at SVMHS, and should be ready and willing to:
- Bring a positive attitude to discussions and create a constructive dialogue.
- Talk about both positive and negative personal care experiences as a patient
or family member.
- Share ideas about how any negative experiences could have been avoided.
- Think beyond personal experiences, collaborate, and share suggestions and
- Commit to being an advisory council member for at least 2 years.
HOW OFTEN DOES THE COUNCIL MEET?
PFAC will meet monthly, dates and times to be determined. Additional meetings
may be scheduled as needed for special projects.
READY TO JOIN?
Please contact the SVMHS Patient Experience Team at 831.759.1834 or