Pre-surgery orientation—helping you prepare for surgery and recovery
At the Regional Spine Center, care begins the moment you and your physician decide that spine surgery is the best option for you. Twice-monthly classes are offered to help you and a family member or caregiver prepare for your surgery and recovery. Individual appointments may also be provided as needed.
About the class
During the 60-minute class, you will receive information about:
- The type of spine surgery you are considering
- Our private Regional Spine Center patient rooms
- Factors that determine your length of stay in the hospital after surgery
- Average recovery period to resume normal activity
- The role of the nursing and rehabilitation staff in your recovery
- Care you'll receive before, during and after surgery
- How we help control and manage pain throughout the process
- Making arrangements for leaving the hospital
- Answers to any other questions you may have
- Classes are held the second and fourth Thursday each month from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
- Classes are located in the Nathan Olivas Center, 120 Wilgart Way, in the Cardiac Fitness Center Education Room
- Complimentary parking is available directly behind the Nathan Olivas Center.
- To register, call (831) 759-1978 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Family and caregiver participation is strongly encouraged
- The class is complimentary
- email the Regional Spine Center