1) How does a patient get a Sleep Study ordered?
A physician's order must be faxed to the Sleep Medicine Center with patient name, address telephone number, reason for study (sleep related complaints), insurance authorization (obtained from the MD's office). Order forms are available from the Sleep Medicine Center. The Sleep Medicine Center will telephone the patient to schedule the overnight sleep study.
2) What is the wait time for an overnight sleep study?
The Sleep Medicine Center Staff will work with the patient to find a time convenient to the patients' schedule. The Sleep Medicine Center accommodates three patients a night, seven nights a week.
3) Who is responsible for assuring the patient gets the proper CPAP equipment?
Your sleep specialist will contact the home equipment company with the recommended pressure.
4) What if there are questions regarding the Sleep Study report or CPAP set up?
You may call your sleep specialist directly for any questions regarding the report and patient CPAP set up.
5) What age range does the Sleep Medicine Center study?
We study patients from the age of 6-106 years old.
6) What kind of sleep disorders does the overnight sleep study screen for?
• Obstructive Sleep Apnea (and snoring)
• Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
• Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
• REM Sleep Behavioral Disorder
• Idiopathic Hypersomnias
• Centeral Sleep Apnea
• Periodic Breathing
7) What kind of studies are performed at the Sleep Medicine Center?
• Overnight Sleep Study (Polysomnograms)
• CPAP/BIPAP Titration for treatment
• Multiple Sleep Maintenance Test (Narcolepsy testing)
• Maintenance of Wakefullness Test
• Polysomnogram with video monitoring
View a Sleep Questionnaire