Pre-surgery orientation program—helping you prepare for surgery and recovery
At the Joint Replacement Center, care begins the moment you and your physician decide that hip or knee replacement is the best option for you. Our 90-minute pre-surgery orientation class will help you and a family member or caregiver prepare for surgery as well as for rehabilitation at the hospital and at home.
About the class
During the 90-minute class, you will receive information about:
- The surgical procedure
- Our private Joint Replacement Center patient rooms
- Factors that determine your length of stay in the hospital after surgery
- Average recovery period to resume normal activity
- The role of the nursing and rehabilitation staff in your recovery
- Care you'll receive before, during and after surgery
- How we help control and manage pain throughout the process
- Making arrangements for leaving the hospital
- Answers to any other questions you may have
- Classes are held every Tuesday, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
- Class location is the Nathan Olivas Center, 120 Wilgart Way, in the Cardiac Fitness
Center Education Room
- Complimentary parking is available directly behind the Nathan Olivas Center
- To register, call (831) 759-1978, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Family and caregiver participation is strongly encouraged
- The class is complimentary
- email the Joint Replacement Center