The 20th Annual Heart & Sole Race will be held rain or shine, Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 8:30am, with Children's Races beginning at 9:45am. The Heart & Sole Race is a 5K run / walk & 10k run. Proceeds from this event benefit Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital's Children's Miracle Network. The Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is a national charity comprised of 170 hospitals throughout the United States and Canada. Salinas Valley Memorial has been a CMN Hospital since 1989. In that time, over $11 million has been raised locally to help children throughout the Central Coast. Most importantly, all donations stay local for our area children. This would not be possible without our generous sponsors!
Registration is easy and we are providing you with a number of options.
|Fees are non-refundable
5k & 10k Fees:
$40 per person (18 years & up)
$45 after 5/12/2017
$20 ages 17 & under
Just Run 1 & ½ mile Fees:
$10 for 5-12 years of age
Tot Trot ages 1-4: FREE
- One form per person
- Bib pickup will be on May 19th, from 1:30pm - 6:00pm at the SVMHS Famers' Market, corner E. Romie Lane and Wilgart Way, Salinas
- Late or incomplete entries will be held at "REGISTRATION TABLE" on race day
To mail in registrations:
Complete form, sign waiver, enclose check (made payable to Heart & Sole Race) and mail to:
SVMHS Health Promotion Department
450 E. Romie Lane
Salinas, CA 93901
Registration forms due by May 12, 2017
Bib pick-up location:
SVMHS Farmers' Market | May 19, 2017 | 1:30pm - 6:00pm | Corner of Wilgart Way and E. Romie Lane in Salinas
Same course as last year 10K (6.2 mile) & 5K (3.1 mile)
Location: Corner of Wilgart Way and San Jose Street
Flat, paved residential streets surrounding SVMHS
10K course will run twice.
"Just Run" children's race:
Children ages 9-12, 1 mile race - 9:45 AM
Children ages 5-8, ½ mile race - 10:00 AM
Toddler Trot ages 1-4 - 10:15 AM
10K & 5K categories: Ages: 10 & under, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 & 80+
- Unisex t-shirt for first 800 participants
- Post-race drawing and refreshments (must be present to win)
- Walkers encouraged, strollers and dogs on leashes welcome
- Official disposable chip timing provided by Synergy Race Timing
- Water station on course
Awards & Prizes
- 10K Run: Custom medals three deep in each age group. Top overall male & female to receive $100 cash and trophy.
- 5K Run/Walk: Custom medals three deep in each age group. Top overall male & female to receive $100 cash and trophy.
- Children's Run: "Just Run" medals to all finishers.
- Post Race Drawing: Numerous prizes from local businesses (must be present to win)
Not up for running or walking but want to help support health and fitness in our community? Join us as a volunteer and get a free tee shirt!
Each year, this race requires at least 100 volunteers to run the event. Assistance with registration, food tents, course safety, set up and clean up are a few of the items where help is needed. Due to its popularity and recognition as a "Fun Run" and family event, over 800 runners participated last year. All volunteers will receive a commemorative shirt, refreshments and a letter of recognition. Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to contact the SVMHS Health Promotion Department at 831.759.1890.
Check out the 19th Annual Heart & Sole Race 2016 Results.