Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System is proud to present the 18th Annual Heart & Sole 2015. Heart & Sole is a 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk, which will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2015, 8:30 AM. The event will be held rain or shine starting at SVMHS, which is located at 450 E. Romie Lane, in Salinas. Proceeds from this event benefit Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital's Children's Miracle Network.
The Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is a national charity comprised of 170 hospitals throughout the United States and Canada. Salinas Valley Memorial has been a CMN Hospital since 1989. In that time, over $11 million has been raised locally to help children throughout the Central Coast. Most importantly, all donations stay local for our area children. This would not be possible without our generous sponsors!
Registration is easy and we are providing you with a number of options.
|Fees are non-refundable
5k & 10k Fees:
$40 per person (18 years & up)
$20 under the age of 18
$45 after 5/8/2015
Just Run 1 & ½ mile Fees:
$10 for 5-12 years of age
Tot Trot ages 1-4: FREE
- One form per person
- Race numbers/instructions will be mailed to all participants who include a self addressed stamped envelope
- Late or incomplete entries will be held at "REGISTRATION TABLE" on race day
Race Day registration starts at 7:00 AM at the SVMHS parking lot -
corner or Wilgart Way and E. Romie Lane in Salinas.
Or complete form, sign waiver, enclose check (made payable to Heart and Sole Race) and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
South Valley Endurance
18330 Sutter Blvd.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Online registration closes May 14th at 5pm. You can still register on race day. You just need to be at the Heart and Sole race starting at 7:00 AM to register in person, since the race begins at 8:30 AM.
Bib pick-up location:
SVMHS Farmers Market | May 15, 2015 | 2-6pm | Corner of Wilgart Way and E. Romie Lane in Salinas
or on race day at Registration Area located at SVMHS parking lot located the corner of Wilgart Way and E. Romie Lane in Salinas
5k and 10k race: 8:30 AM Flat
Paved residential streets surrounding Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital
10K course will run twice
"Just Run" children's race:
Children ages 9-12, 1 mile race - 9:45 AM
Children ages 5-8, ½ mile race - 10:00 AM
Toddler Trot ages 1-4 at 10:15 AM
10K & 5K categories: Ages: 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Commemorative t-shirt for first 900, 10k and 5k participants
- Post-race drawing and refreshments (must be present to win)
- Walkers encouraged, strollers and dogs with leashes welcome
- Timing by South Valley Endurance
- Water station on course
Awards & Prizes
- 10K: Custom medals three deep in each age group. Top male/female overall to receive $100 cash.
- 5K Run/Walk: Custom medals three deep in each age group. Top male/female overall to receive $100 cash.
- Children's Run: Custom "Just Run" medals to ALL finishers
- Post Race Drawing: Numerous prizes from local businesses (must be present to win)
Not up for running or walking but want to help support health and fitness in our community? Join us as a volunteer and get a free tee shirt!
Each year, this race requires at least 100 volunteers to run the event. Assistance with registration, food tents, course safety, set up and clean up are a few of the items where help is needed. Due to its popularity and recognition as a "Fun Run" and family event, over 800 runners participated last year. All volunteers will receive a commemorative shirt, refreshments and a letter of recognition. Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to contact the SVMHS Health Promotion Department at 831.759.1890.