|Total Fat||8.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh chives, chopped||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Sea scallops||¾ pound|
|Metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)||4|
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add scallops and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Thread scallops and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers and brush thoroughly with the lemon-chive mixture.
- Place scallop kebabs on a lightly oiled grill rack or a nonstick broiler pan. Grill for 8-12 minutes, turning regularly, until opaque in center and lightly browned. If broiling, broil for 6-8 minutes, turning a few times, until opaque in center and lightly browned. It’s easy to overcook scallops, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Garnish kebabs with remaining tablespoon of chopped chives.
4 very lean meats; 1.5 fat; 2 vegetables
Prepare according to package directions. Garnish with chopped chives.
Lightly coat ½ bunch asparagus with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Place on grill rack or indoor grill pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating at least once, until nice grill marks appear.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.