|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||63 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||50% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Ripe bananas, mashed||2 |
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1/3 cup|
|Canned pumpkin puree||1 1/3 cups|
|White sugar||½ cup|
|All-purpose flour||2½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||2 tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
|Raisins (optional)||¾ cup|
|Walnuts (optional)||¾ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Fold in the raisins and walnuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before moving it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.