|Serving Size||1 kebab|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||120% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||1 hour|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Purple seedless grapes||1 cup|
|Chopped pineapple||1 cup|
|Apple juice||¼ cup|
|Kiwifruits, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick slices||2|
|Nonfat plain yogurt||¼ cup|
|Small bananas, cut into ½ inch thick slices||2 |
|Small strawberries||1/3 cup|
|Melon balls||1/3 cup|
- For the dip, in a small saucepan, bring the pineapple and apple juice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand about 25 minutes or until cool.
- Transfer the pineapple mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and blend or process until smooth. If desired, cover and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Place the bananas in a small bowl. Drizzle with the orange juice, then gently toss until coated. Cut the kiwi slices into quarters.
- For the kebabs, thread the grapes, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, melon balls, and blackberries onto 4 inch bamboo skewers. Serve with the dip.
Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.