|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Vitamin A||50% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||1 hour, 15 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.5
|Split peas||1½ cups|
|Medium onion, diced||1|
|Medium potatoes, peeled and diced||2|
|Garlic powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Parsley, dried||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium carrots, grated||2|
- In a large pot, combine split peas and water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer until tender (1 hour).
- Add onion, potato, garlic powder, dried parsley, and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Transfer soup mixture in batches to a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Return to heat and warm through. Serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.