|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Tomato paste (3 ounces)||5 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Vinegar, white||4 teaspoons|
|Cayenne pepper||¾ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Ginger, grated||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chicken, skinless (breasts, drumsticks)||1½ pounds|
Make barbeque sauce lower in sodium with lots of herbs and spices.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a large platter.
- Brush chicken with ½ of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10
minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350°F, and add the remaining sauce to the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.