|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Uncooked small seashell macaroni (9 cups cooked)||1 pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons |
|Cider vinegar||½ cup|
|Wine vinegar||½ cup|
|Water||Enough to boil pasta + ½ cup|
|Prepared mustard||3 tablespoons |
|Black pepper and salt to taste |
|Sliced pimentos||2-ounce jar |
|Small cucumbers||2 |
|Small onions thinly sliced||2|
- Cook macaroni in unsalted water, drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Stir in oil.
- Transfer to 4-quart bowl. Place sugar, vinegars, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper, and pimento in blender. Process at low speed for 15-20 seconds, or just enough so flecks of pimento can be seen. Pour over macaroni.
- Score cucumber peel with fork tines. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice thinly. Add to pasta with onion slices. Toss well.
- Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 24 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Drain and serve on lettuce.
Draining the marinade before serving keeps the fat and sodium low in this cold pasta salad.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.