As a professional nurse, you know how important it is to find the right fit…an organization that supports your commitment to excellent patient care, nurtures your desire for autonomy and leadership and supports your efforts to further your professional nursing education. In 2005, we began our journey to receive designation as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Association. On this journey, we continue to uncover opportunities, refine processes, build successful collaborations and empower our nurses with autonomy at the beside and throughout the organization—all designed to ensure optimum quality of care for our patients.
Just some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Selection and implementation of the Role Based Practice™ nursing model developed by Maria O'Rourke
- Nursing Clinical Grand Rounds
- Evidence Based Practice training classes
- Formal and informal mentoring programs
- Collaborative Governance model that encourages and empowers involvement in patient care, organizational and community initiatives