|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||55 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Bow-tie pasta||4 ounces (about 1 cup dry)|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Clove garlic, chopped||1|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Italian-style chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed||6 ounces|
|Red grape tomatoes||½ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper||½ teaspoon|
|Fresh basil, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 tablespoons|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, excluding salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add sausage to pan and cook about 5-6 minutes, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook another 5-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes burst.
- Add the pasta, salt, and pepper to the pan, and toss until mixed.
- Stir in basil, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
2 starches; 1.5 high-fat meats; 1.5 vegetables; 1 fat; 0.5 lean meat substitutes
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.