|Serving Size||2 muffins (24 total)|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||59 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Baking powder||4 teaspoons|
|Vegetable oil||1/3 cup|
|Fat-free sour cream||1/3 cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Fresh or frozen blueberries, unthawed if frozen||4 cups|
|Dried cranberries||8 ounces|
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir to mix.
- Combine milk, oil, sour cream, and egg substitute in a medium bowl and beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the well all at once. Stir until just moistened.
- In a medium bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of sugar and blueberries and toss to coat with sugar. Stir gently into batter just until blueberries are distributed.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes, until light golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool on wire rack for 3-4 minutes, then remove muffins from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.