|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||150% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Medium pumpkin||1 |
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut pumpkin into small manageable pieces and cut off pith and seeds.
- Place cut pumpkin, skin side up, in a large roasting pan. Add ¼ cup water, and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from oven, and allow pumpkin to cool.
- When cooled, cut away skin, and mash or puree the pumpkin flesh.
- Use in any recipe that calls for canned pureed pumpkin.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.