This dish is baked and flavored with a Mediterranean-style tomato, onion, and garlic sauce to make it lower in fat and salt.
|Serving Size||4 oz fillet with sauce|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Large onion, sliced||1|
|Whole tomatoes, drained (reserve juice) and coarsely chopped||1 can (16 ounces) |
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Dry white wine||1 cup|
|Reserved tomato juice, from canned tomatoes||½ cup|
|Lemon juice||¼ cup|
|Orange juice||¼ cup|
|Fresh grated orange peel||1 tablespoon|
|Fennel seeds, crushed||1 teaspoon|
|Dried oregano, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Dried thyme, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Dried basil, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Fish fillets (sole, flounder, or sea perch)||1 pound|
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, and sauté over moderate heat 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients except fish.
- Stir well and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Arrange fish in 10 x 6 inch baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375ºF about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.