|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Total Fat|| 5 g|
|Saturated Fat|| 2 g|
|Cholesterol|| 57 mg|
|Sodium|| 273 mg|
|Calcium|| 70 mg|
|Iron|| 2 mg|
|Cake flour||2 ¼ cups|
|Baking powder||2 ¼ teaspoons |
|Sugar||1 ¼ cups|
|Orange peel||1 tablespoon|
|Skim milk||¾ cup|
|Low fat cream cheese||3 ounces|
|Skim milk||2 tablespoons|
|Confectioners sugar, sifted||2 cups|
|Vanilla extract||½ teaspoon|
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease with small amount of cooking oil or use nonstick cooking oil spray on a 10-inch round pan (at least 2 ½ inches high). Powder pan with flour. Tap out excess flour.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cake cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before icing.
- Directions for Frosting
- Cream together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa. Blend well.
- Slowly add sugar until icing is smooth. Mix in vanilla.
- Smooth icing over top and sides of cooled cake.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.