Event to Raise Money for Children's Miracle Network
Online Registration Open Through May 10th, 5pm
SALINAS, CA, April 15, 2010 - Runners and walkers can begin registering for the 13th annual Heart & Sole 10K run and 5K run/walk, scheduled for Saturday May 15, 2010 at 8:30am. The event will be held rain or shine at Monterey Park School. Proceeds from this event benefit Salinas Valley Memorial's Children's Miracle Network.
The Heart & Sole race is a 5K (3.1 mile) and 10K (6.2 mile) race that is run on flat, paved residential streets surrounding Monterey Park School and Salinas Valley Memorial. Participants may run as individual or team/corporate entries. The registration fee is $30 per person ($25 if you register before May 10). All 5k & 10k participants will receive a t-shirt and refreshments, and are eligible for a post-race drawing with numerous prizes. Custom medals will be awarded three deep in each age group. The top overall male/female 5k & 10k winners will receive a $50 cash prize. Race-day registration is available beginning at 7:00am.
Additional presenting sponsors this year include: The Big Sur International Marathon's Just Run Club for kids, Everett Alvarez High School NJROTC, Healthy Eating Lifestyle Principles (HELP) and The Salinas Jaycees.
The Children's Miracle Network is a national charity comprised of 170 hospitals throughout the United States. Salinas Valley Memorial has been a CMN Hospital since 1989. In that time, over $10 million has been raised locally to help children throughout the Central Coast. Most importantly, all donations stay local for our area children. This would not be possible without our generous sponsors!
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Race results will be mailed to all participants
- Post-race drawing and refreshments (you must be present to win)
- Walkers encouraged
- Timing by "On Your Mark Events"
- Water station on course
- Team/Corporate Division
Awards & Prizes
- 10K: Custom medals three deep in each age group. Top male/female overall to receive $50 cash.
- 5K: Custom medals three deep in each age group. Top male/female overall to receive $50 cash. Wheelchair Division: Overall male and female.
- Team/Corporate Division: Three individuals per team; 5K and 10K; male, female, coed teams.
- Children's Run: Custom "Just Run" medals to ALL finishers
- Post Race Drawing: Numerous prizes from local businesses
Advance registration online at www.onyourmarkevents.com or www.active.com , or for more information call 759-3088 or visit www.svmh.com.
# # #